Some of the more notable cuts came yesterday as the Broncos move on from several draft picks from 2017 when they cut Isaiah McKenzie, Brenden Langley, Carlos Henderson, and even De’Angelo Henderson. Surprisingly, they even moved on from promising undrafted free agent pass rusher Jeff Holland.
On Sunday, the waiver claims will likely be announced around 10 a.m. mile high time and with such a high waiver order for the Broncos, we could see John Elway and his staff add another player or two to the roster. Then by 11 a.m. mile high time the Broncos can start building their 10-man practice squad.
Practice Squad Rules
Under the new 10-man practice squad rules implemented in 2016, teams can have up to four players with two accrued seasons in the NFL. A season is considered six weeks, so you may find players in their third season with practice squad eligibility left.
After that, players eligibility is limited to those who have been on an active roster fewer than six games, or were on the 46-man active gameday roster for less than nine games.
As far as pay for the 2018 season, practice squad players can make no less than $7,600 per week, which equates to $129,200 for the season.
Broncos Waiver Wire Claims
- Broncos claimed former Washington Redskins quarterback Kevin Hogan.
- De’Angelo Henderson signs onto the New York Jets practice squad.
Broncos Practice Squad Updates
- Safety, Trey Marshall - Source
- Tight end, Brian Parker - Source
- Offensive tackle, Austin Schlottmann - Source
- Nose tackle, Kyle Peko - Source
- Cornerback, Brendan Langley - Source
- Wide receiver, River Cracraft - Source
- Running back, David Williams - Source
- Wide receiver, Carlos Henderson - Source (On Suspended List)
- Outside linebacker, Jeff Holland - Source
- Defensive lineman, DeShawn Williams - Source
- Offensive lineman, Avery Gennesy - Source