The Denver Broncos released their first depth chart ahead of their week one matchup against the Tennessee Titans. This is our first look at the depth chart after an abbreviated Training Camp period and no preseason games.
Our initial 2020 depth chart is here. ⬇️— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) September 7, 2020
So let us take a look at how the Broncos depth chart shakes out ahead of their 2020 season opening game.
Offense Depth Chart
|WR||Courtland Sutton||DaeSean Hamilton||Tyrie Cleveland|
|LT||Garett Bolles||Calvin Anderson|
|LG||Dalton Risner||Austin Schlottmann|
|C||Lloyd Cushenberry||Austin Schlottmann|
|RG||Graham Glasgow||Netane Muti|
|RT||Elijah Wilkinson||Demar Dotson|
|TE||Noah Fant||Nick Vannett||Jake Butt||Albert Okwuegbunam|
|WR||Jerry Jeudy/Tim Patrick||K.J. Hamler|
|RB||Melvin Gordon/Phillip Lindsay||Royce Freeman|
|QB||Drew Lock||Jeff Driskel|
- Rookie center Lloyd Cushenberry won the starting job at center.
- Tackle Elijah Wilkinson held off veteran Demar Dotson for the starting right tackle job.
- Rookie wide receiver Jerry Jeudy and Tim Patrick are both listed as starters. My guess is that we will see Patrick start outside with Jeudy being the slot receiver with the Broncos going heavy with three receivers.
- Running Backs Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay are also listed as co-starters and we’ll likely see a healthy dose of both backs this season
- Andrew Beck is listed as your fullback but can also contribute at tight end as well
Defense Depth Chart
|DE||Shelby Harris||Dre'Mont Jones|
|NT||Mike Purcell||McTelvin Agim|
|DE||Jurrell Casey||DeMarcus Walker|
|SLB||Von Miller||Jeremiah Attaochu|
|WLB||Bradley Chubb||Malik Redd|
|ILB||Alexander Johnson||Austin Calitro|
|ILB||Josey Jewell||Mark Barron||Joe Jones|
|LCB||A.J. Bouye||Davontae Harris||Duke Dawson Jr.|
|RCB||Bryce Callahan||Michael Ojemudia||Essang Bassey|
|SS||Kareem Jackson||Duke Dawson Jr.|
|FS||Justin Simmons||Trey Marshall|
- Josey Jewell will be your second starting inside linebacker replacing the role once held by the recently released Todd Davis.
- Linebacker Mark Barron is listed as Jewell’s backup so I’m assuming we’ll see him replace Jewell in sub-packages.
- Corner Davontae Harris is listed as A.J. Bouye’s backup likely meaning he’ll come in on nickel packages as the boundary corner while Callahan moves to the slot
- Duke Dawson Jr. will serve as a reserve corner as well as Justin Simmons backup at safety
Special Teams Depth Chart
|KR||Dionte Spencer||Tyrie Cleveland|
|PR||Dionte Spencer||Bryce Callahan|
- Diontae Spencer will handle both kick and punt returns this season.
- As we already knew, Jacob Bobenmoyer won the long snapping competition this offseason.
- Cornerback Bryce Callahan is the backup punt returner while rookie receiver Tyrie Cleveland is the backup Kick Returner