The legal tampering period kicked off on Monday, and boy did the Broncos come ready to spend. They entered free agency with a plan to improve their offensive line, and they did just that by agreeing to terms with massive guard Ben Powers and right tackle Mike McGlinchey. They also added a young backup quarterback in Jarrett Stidham and one of the best run-blocking tight ends in Chris Manhertz. They ended the day by signing an ascending player in Zach Allen who will replace Dre’Mont Jones on the Broncos' defense.
On Tuesday, the Broncos addressed their backfield by addressing their backfield by adding versatile running back Samaje Perine and lead blocking specialist, Michael Burton.
On Wednesday, the Broncos only made one signing, but it was to improve their return game as well as add to their cornerback depth. They added former Texans return specialist and cornerback Tremon Smith. They also had trade rumors surrounding both Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton heat up as well. Seems like they will trade at least one of them, if not both, if they get a good return.
We also have a few remaining Broncos notable free agents left on the free agent market. The big one remaining is guard, Dalton Risner who will not be back after the team signed former Ravens guard Ben Powers. He figures to be a player who will find a new home in the coming days.
We are officially in the new league year and the Broncos deals are becoming official. They have already had multiple players sign on the dotted line, and they should finish up the rest fairly soon. It does not sound like they are done making splashes, so we could see a few more new players joining them in orange and blue in the coming days.
Broncos' notable free agents
- DL Dre’Mont Jones (signed with the Seahawks)
- IOL Dalton Risner
- S Kareem Jackson
- ILB Alex Singleton (re-signed with the Broncos)
- DL DeShawn Williams (signed with the Panthers)
- RB Latavius Murray
- RB Mike Boone (signed with Texans)
- FB/TE Andrew Beck (signed with Texans)
- OT Calvin Anderson (signed with Patriots)
- IOL Graham Glasgow (signed with Lions)
- RB Chase Edmonds (signed with Bucs)
- S P.J. Locke (re-signed with the Broncos)
Key positions of need
- With right tackle filled (Mike McGlinchey) and left guard filled(Ben Powers), the Broncos could upgrade their center position.
- Safety appears to be a potential area need as well
- Adding speed and a deep threat at wide receiver.
Broncos free agent signings
- Guard Ben Powers (4 year, $51,500,000)
- Right tackle Mike McGlinchey (5 year, $87,500,000)
- Quarterback Jarrett Stidham (2 year, $10,000,000)
- Tight end Chris Manhertz (2 year, $6,000,000)
- Linebacker Alex Singleton (3 year, ($18,000,000)
- Defensive Lineman Zach Allen (3 year, $45.750,000)
- Running back Samaje Perine (2 year, $7,500,000)
- Fullback Michael Burton (1 year, TBA)
- Cornerback/Returner Tremon Smith (2 year, $5,500,000)
News and rumors
- Broncos have received trade calls on WRs Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton but are not actively shopping the two receivers. However, they are listening to these offers and word got out that they were ‘quietly shopping’ Courtland Sutton at the combine.
- Broncos are expected to be active in free agency and will be focused on improving their offensive line.
- Defensive lineman Dre’Mont Jones will test free agency and is expected to get $17 to $20 million dollars per year on the market per reports.
- Amid trade rumors, Courtland Sutton tweeted out: ‘I just want to be where I’m wanted and appreciated’.
- Broncos have informed quarterback Brett Rypien that they will not be placing a tender on him which will make him a free agent.
- Broncos intend to sign free agent guard Ben Powers to a four-year deal once free agency officially opens.
- Former Broncos fullback/tight end Andrew Beck has signed with the Houston Texans.
- Broncos plan to sign quarterback Jarrett Stidham to a two-year deal to be the backup quarterback to Russell Wilson.
- Broncos plan to sign right tackle Mike McGlinchey to a five-year deal once free agency opens.
- Teams believe the Broncos will trade one of their wide receivers and Jerry Jeudy’s name continues to come up in trade talks. The Broncos have a high asking price for them.
- The Houston Texans plan to sign former Broncos running back Mike Boone and fullback Andrew Beck.
- The Broncos have reportedly tendered exclusive rights free agent, punter Corliss Waitman to a one-year deal
- Broncos did not tender linebacker Jonathan Kongbo, but did tender linebacker Jonas Griffith, offensive lineman Quinn Bailey, and punter Corliss Waitman.
- The Broncos did not tender their restricted free agents QB Brett Rypien, safety P.J. Locke, cornerback Essang Bassey, and long snapper Jacob Bobenmoyer.
- Broncos have agreed to terms with blocking specialist tight end Chris Manhertz on a two-year deal worth $6 million.
- Broncos agreed to terms with tackling machine, inside linebacker, Alex Singleton on a three-year, 18 million dollar deal.
- Former Broncos defensive lineman Dre’Mont Jones has signed with the Seattle Seahawks.
- Former Broncos offensive tackle Calvin Anderson signed a two-year deal with the New England Patriots.
- Broncos reportedly made an aggressive push to sign free agent wide receiver Allen Lazard who ended up agreeing to terms with the Jets.
- The Broncos have an asking price of a first-round pick (at least) in return for Jerry Jeudy and it is possible that neither Jeudy nor Sutton will be with the team next year.
- According to reports, the Broncos are among the teams interested in former Eagles and Saints safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson.
- The Broncos have re-signed safety and specials ace P.J. Locke after failing to tender him earlier in the week.
- Per reports, the Cowboys, Browns, and Patriots are among the teams calling about WR Jerry Jeudy. The Broncos price to acquire Jeudy also remains very high according to these reports.
- Per reports, the Broncos do not seem interested in trading Jerry Jeudy or Courtland Sutton despite interest from other teams.