Almost everything we read about our Broncos at this time of year ties back in some way to the great talent that John Elway has accumulated for our team. Here are some examples:
- Demaryius Thomas contract issue - he's one of the most talented WRs in the NFL
- Too many Tight Ends - we brought in a slew of talent to compete after our start TE left in FA because he was so talented
- Arguments about Chris Harris Jr. getting snubbed in the top-100 ranks - because he's top three talent in the NFL at his position
- Manning this or that - the guy is just a little bit talented
- O-Line woes - our most talented guys are injured or left over the past couple of years!
This team is built very well. It is a credit to John Elway honestly and a boon to Broncos Country. You may not always like the moves he makes, but it always is about getting the best talent available to put the best team on the field in order to compete for a championship.
Our apologies for the late tracks ladies and gentlemen.
Mason's Mailbag: Quarterback reps, O-line chatter, and more
Misconceptions about playing time and the state of the O-line highlight the Independence Day weekend Mailbag.
Training Camp Preview: Tight ends/fullbacks
Owen Daniels and Virgil Green provide experience; James Casey provides versatility. Competition will determine the rest.
Not in God's Country
Inside Slant: Dez Bryant should cash in with Cowboys - NFL Nation - ESPN
A 1,000-yard receiver is nothing to sneeze at, especially one whose physical skills demand that opponents pay special schematic attention. But it's only fair to note how dearly the Lions are paying for Johnson's declining production.
Mike Tice: Trent Richardson's 'quickness came around' - NFL.com
Raiders offensive line coach Mike Tice saw a lighter Trent Richardson during team workouts. Tice said Richardson shed some weight and looked quicker. Can the runner revive his career in Oakland?
Philip Rivers thinks Gates' PED use was unintentional - NFL.com
At least Rivers is willing to go on record as saying so, which is more than many suspended players can say about their teammates.
Andrew Luck not placing Pats above rest of schedule - NFL.com
It would make sense if the Colts viewed their rematch with the Patriots as their biggest game of the season, but Andrew Luck recently said teams get in trouble if they start circling dates on the calendar.